Fair Use Policy
Last updated 8 July 2022
Excellent client service is paramount at Bonerath & Co. which is why we aim to provide you with the highest level of support across our range of services. Bonerath & Co. accountants bill on a flat fee, subscription based service to provide fee transparency. We value open communication and welcome your phone calls and meetings and while we love to engage with clients, there is an expectation for clients to understand how we operate when dealing with us.
1.1 Our Fair Use Policy is intended to ensure that our services are not used in an unreasonable manner.
1.2 We reserve the right to vary the terms of this Fair Use Policy from time to time.
1.3 We may rely on the Fair Use Policy where your usage of our services is unreasonable, as defined below.
2. Making contact with us
2.1 You can contact us by phone, email or make an appointment to see us face-to-face. When contacting us by phone or email, we aim to respond to you either at the first point of contact or within one (1) working day. If we cannot respond to your query within this timeframe, we will acknowledge your communication, let you know why we cannot fully respond and give you an estimated time when you can expect a more detailed response.
3. Unreasonable use
3.1 It is an unreasonable use of our services, where your use is reasonably considered excessive by Bonerath & Co.
Examples of excessive use include:
– Repeated and consistent contact with Bonerath & Co. on matters that would otherwise be addressed through formal training or through use of other professionals, for example; bookkeeper or lawyer.
– Excessive contact with Bonerath & Co. on matters that are clearly outside the scope of the outlined engagement.
– Regularly requesting information or advice on matters that have previously been advised or information provided.
4. Our Rights
4.1 If we reasonably consider your use of our services unreasonable, we may, at our discretion, suspend or limit our service in accordance with our agreement with you.
5. Fixed Price Agreements
5.1 Where our agreement is an annual package paid on a monthly basis:
- The 'consumption' of services is based on how many filings completed within the stated period and is based on lodgment date;
- We will only complete one set of the itemised services per period unless otherwise agreed;
- Lodgments are cumulative from the initial contract date (otherwise referred to as anniversary date) of the agreement.
- we prepare one set of financial statements & tax returns in any 12 month period;
- where the client is on a quarterly basis for activity statement we complete 4 lodgments in that period;
5.2 In the event of completing lodgments prior to the stated period (in the event of 'catch-up work') we will endeavour to incorporate these works into the fixed price agreement but these will count towards the cumulative total.
5.3 Cumulative works must be counted in the event of early termination of the contract.
5.4 Where our engagement is terminated by either you or us before completion of a 12-month period then we will agree on a reasonable fee with you for that work having regard to the uncompleted remainder of the 12-month period.